Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Uproar!

Sometimes in the middle of the night I hear something brushing up against my windows. Of course I only hear it when I'm awake, which makes me worried about what noises I don't hear when I'm asleep. When I was little we used to have the woods next door, but since they've been cut down I've calculated moths, bats, and pine needles out of the equation. Sometimes.... I wonder if somebody is watching me.

       His heartbeat punched right through his throat the moment the warrior saw Reaf in the clearing. Dark blue icicles hung by the tip of the creature's fingers, sliding them into the warrior's chest as he rode by on the back of a lion. His soul was instantly pinned against the ground while his lion was held off by Reaf's other arctic claw.
       Blue smoke blew out from the warrior's lips that filled the void between the monster and him. His light-saber had rolled back into the shadows of the forest the moment Reaf had pierced his soul. The only weapon he had now seemed to be himself.
        Crrrrruuuuuuuuunch!!!!
      Something hard had twisted inside the warrior, churning the most delicate parts of his being. He called out for the aid of his lion but the only reaction was the powder-like smoke.
        "Saviour!" cried Reaf. The warrior shook his head and tried calling out for help again but to no avail. The creature took another plunge into the warrior's soul and laughed so it's voice echoed back from the forest.
         The grass reeds shriveled into brown wisps of smoke while the sky darkened into a darhazy purple. The vultures went about eating the stars while the trees began to pull down, tugging at the clouds. Reaf neared his prey with an open mouth full of bones and yellow fire.
      
      
  

No comments:

Post a Comment