Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Stolen Journals

So at the end of my junior year I stole a bunch of journals from my journalism class. Originally our old teacher had bought them for us to write in but they only ended up being written 3 times because she left for medical reasons. Anyways, I digress...

I returned the journals to as many people as I possibly could but I still ended up with at least 20 of them. I put most of them away for keeping (I'm a writer, el duh!). The rest I took the time to look through. I KNOW! Invasion of privacy! But in all honesty...I really found out a lot of things about my classmates. Most of the girls just rambled on about how boring the class was or that they were excited for their very first prom, tryouts or friends. In one of them she just simply drew pink flowers. In another I saw a song or simple poem.

Since then I bring them to class to scribble in just adding onto the stories that they already created. Which leaves me to wonder, could it be that simple to translate your life into someone elses?

Let's see... if I was one of these girls... I'd probably be dissapointed how high school turned out because I was looking forward to so much. High school would have been this big dream that I wanted to see but now it's more like a deflated cloud. Sure I had some great times and my body really did change but I had no idea where I was going and I still feel soo alone.

For anothers... I would probably have said that I really changed. My face doesn't even look the same anymore! My hair has grown longer and I have grown quite beautiful by now. I don't think I have the confidence to really admit it to anyone else... so maybe it's not true.

WHO'S HEAD COUlD YOU TRANSLATE INTO?

No comments:

Post a Comment