Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Motion

One by One they popped up on the shell of the warrior's soul, ice crystals that were growing inside of him. Cold and bewildered, he soon let them encase his entire being. He was too afraid to move les the ice overtook him completely. He could feel claws similar to Reaf's already munching into him by the second. Needles, pins, and swords struck him instantly it seemed all at once.
A proud lion roar shook the realm of ice but did nothing to crack it open. In the pit of the warrior's fear though grew anger. He wasn't alone in this but he couldn't count on the strength of his Saviour to save him all the time. Why can't he just grow up! He needs himself and only himself! You can't be yourself with people that are telling you to start being able to depend on yourself! You can't always run to someone when you feel like you can't save your own life. They tell you to just make the effort and then complain. Well why can't he complain now?!
Everyone is just selfish so I will be too! I hate it! I hate feeling like I have to be myself on my own..Anger has me strugglging against the ice. The limbs of my soul struggle and release the encasing tomb. I can do this on my own. I don't need him. I don't NEED HIM!
The ice explodes and the warrior's soul is released. He needn't his light-saber to protect him. Reaf strikes back with his icicle-claws while the warrior pushes off his feet and dashes for the creature's neck. The warrior trails his fingers over the frost laden face of Reaf, and steam pushes up from his insides. Red and orange colors paint the scene as the warrior continues to slay the beast... and in the end he does.
Smiling, the world recovers: the trees, the grass, the stars, the light... but one thing has remain frozen in time.

His lion.


No comments:

Post a Comment