Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Monster's Den

Photobucket

I took this picture late last winter when I went out and shot my first vlog. It really intrigued me, and scared me just a little bit just sitting there like it had always been. Carried away, like I always am, my imagination suddenly spiraled into a story, but I think I'll save that for another time. What I wanted to compare in this picture and in my life is that I feel like there is this open door in my head that lets too many thoughts in, especially in my Ethics class.
Originally I took this class because I wanted to learn more about the world and where I stood on certain issues, although now it seems like I just go there to be mortified. The first day I went to the class I had an opinion but I think I let it carry me too far down teh river. After that I think everyone just thought I was nuts.
Ever since then it seems like I can't make my point clear enough for everyone to hear, and when I do it feels like then that I'm the only person that has that opinion. The only reason I keep talking is because I keep in mind that old say, "what you want to say more than likely someone wants to say also, but they just need someone to follow." Something like that.

The recent discussion was on Euthanasia, the practicing of killing oneself, but to narrow it down a bit more we were talkinga bout if we should let kids practice it if we allow ourselves to practice it. My point was that kids deserved to know about it and they should be allowed to have an opnion even if they don't fully understand death itself. Why? Well everyone was saying that kids hardly know what anything means when they are so very young, but they really really do. I feel like people underestimate the knowledge of a kid.
So I argued that kids should be taught about it if the subject did come up in their life. Saying that they don't understand death in the least bit sense is proposterous! If they didn't then how come we teach them about religion or angels? Or even demons!? The fact is that they do understand it just like they understand so many other things. The only thing that they don't understand is their opinion!

You see what I mean, I just have this open door that wants to let everyone express their opinion. My only wish is that I wasn't the only one who felt like a complete monster when I spoke. Because no one agrees with me. Gosh! What a complaintive person I am, lol. But that's where I stand.

DO YOU THINK IT'S RIGHT TO TEACH KIDS ABOUT EUTHANASIA? WHY OR WHY NOT?!

No comments:

Post a Comment