Sunday, September 13, 2009

Galactic Glitter!

There's glitter absolutely everywhere!
(Takes a moment to brush out the gold flakes from the afro hair)

I'm not sure if it's my rising body temperature, creative inspiration, pure craziness, or the music that's got me doing this right now:

Painting gold stars on my bedroom walls is the absolute last thing I thought that I would be doing at 12 in the morning.
I mean, I guess I partly started doing it to get things off my mind. But I started thinking that whatever sky I navigate I need to know that I'm making a difference in the entire galaxy! I just couldn't live a suppressed life.

I remember when I was little that I loved loved loved The Little Mermaid!
I mean, what gay boy didn't, lol. I loved it so much that I wanted to create a little cove beneath my bed full of treasures of polly pocket towns, keys, posters of cute soccer men, legos, jewels, and sometimes even candy. Eventually one day my mom found it during spring cleaning and I ran into the bathroom trying to think of an excuse as to why this, all of this crap, was beneath my bed and why was I hiding it? When I came back out my mom said it was okay but just that I shouldn't keep so many things stored beneath. I think she knew though that she stumbled in on something private.

I guess since then I hate to suppress myself from others. I don't want to have to face that humiliation again--ever. So whenever I finish this sky I'll be sure to update and maybe I'll even include some of you in it!



2 comments:

  1. The Little Mermaid was my favorite movie too! Brings me back to childhood...oh and Kudos to glittery stars on the wall at 12am! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful I love how you are so fearless to open up and share stuff like this in your writing and make it so enjoyable to read.

    ReplyDelete